Monday, October 27, 2008

Happy Diwali Tomorrow!



Every now and then I get an email asking me if I use babysitters and the answer is yes. But the schedule of how often changes all the time — depending on what sitters are available, their schedules, and what my family's needs are.


Right now I have a lovely situation. My sitter is a friend of a friend at church and her name is Davy. Her daughter started full-day school this year and she was looking for work she could do during school hours. Which is a perfect fit for my schedule. So Davy comes from 9:00 to 2:00 on Monday through Friday. She can get her daughter to school in the morning and pick her up from school at the end of the day. And my toddlers can play with Davy while I sit in my home office and get my work done.

Davy is Indian/Trinidadian. And tomorrow she is taking the day off to celebrate Diwali — the Festival of Lights. She has invited us to come by for dinner tomorrow night and we're all looking forward to it. I'm so curious to see what the Trinidadian take on Indian food is like. Based on food Davy has shared with us previously, for sure it will be delicious.

Happy Diwali (a day early) to any readers who are celebrating!

add to kirtsy

11 Comments:

Blogger liz said...

one of our fav brooklyn friends is from trinidad and we LOVED the food they would make. and how much they rang in the new year with awesome music and dancing!

share with us any recipes you get!

Monday, October 27, 2008 at 12:35:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Anshu said...

SO nice of you to post a Diwali wish for your babysitter. I'm an Indian too and felt the warmth of your wishes. Diwali is a big big festival in India, and I so wish I'd be home to celebrate it with the rest of my family.

Monday, October 27, 2008 at 2:13:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Keyo said...

wow. very happy to read the word "diwali" here. Happy diwali to you too. I am indian and its my most fav. occasion! :)

Monday, October 27, 2008 at 2:16:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Erin said...

oh, i like davy. the few times she came to our house she'd always do roxcy's hair so cute. she was going to teach me some great curry recipes, but then we moved. bummer. what a fun dinner.

Monday, October 27, 2008 at 5:29:00 PM EDT  
Blogger nan said...

Thanks - looking forward to celebrating tomorrow!

Monday, October 27, 2008 at 9:58:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hiya!

*giggles* Thanks for wishing us Happy Diwali! It IS quite nice to read that here [I've got to admit that I wasn't expecting it!!].

BTW, I love, love, love your blog, and I read it almost every day. I'm studying Graphic Design, but I'm not a "mom"!

If you're wondering where I learnt about your blog from - I would, if I were you - I was just searching on Google for images of bubble bath for a project, and one of your articles came up.

See ya!

Tuesday, October 28, 2008 at 12:53:00 AM EDT  
Blogger zobars said...

Thanks for wishing us all a happy diwali. Happy diwali to all of you too.

Tuesday, October 28, 2008 at 2:05:00 AM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How kind and thoughtful!
Happy Diwali to you as well!!!

Love your blog :)

Tuesday, October 28, 2008 at 2:05:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Unknown said...

I am so happy to see Diwali mentioned on your blog. I am indian and diwali is the biggest celebration of the year. I really wish it became a public holiday... then we could celebrate it like we did in India ;)

Tuesday, October 28, 2008 at 2:53:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Tania said...

I'm so jealous. I love Davy - and since I know she's vegan AND a super cook, I would love to go eat her food!

Wednesday, October 29, 2008 at 11:38:00 PM EDT  
Blogger paige said...

so how was it? The food, not diwali--I know diwali is fab. Trinadadian Indian sounds like it might be even more exciting than traditional Indian, my favorite cuisine.

Thursday, October 30, 2008 at 3:38:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home