Thursday, February 14, 2008

A Picture A Day — by Guest Mom Leah

Happy Valentine’s Day!



One of my favorite people I’ve met in my short travels here at Tiny McSmall is Kim O’Neil from Good Stock Press & Bindery.

Not only is she one of the sweetest people, she is also a wealth of talent. Kim designs custom heirloom memory books that capture the essence and personality of a family and the story they are sharing. She inspires me to no end with the creative work she does but this latest project she’s working on stopped me my in my tracks…I only wish I had thought of it!

When their daughter was born, this Mom and Dad took a picture a day for her 1st year and then had Kim design a book around the collection. One of the many things I love about this book is that the parents wrote down some of their hopes and dreams and wishes for their daughter, Seneca, and Kim interspersed them throughout the book next to photos. Something to inspire us all!








…and if you’ve never seen one of her pre-designed books, Good Stock: A Family Tale, you need to check them out as well. I did one for my daughter’s first birthday and LOVE it.



Labels: , ,

add to kirtsy

15 Comments:

Blogger Gabrielle of Design Mom said...

What an amazing book.

Doesn't it make you want to have another baby just so you can take their picture every day for a year and make them a priceless book? ;)

Thursday, February 14, 2008 at 12:50:00 PM EST  
Blogger The Lee's said...

what a great idea! I will definitely be keeping this in mind when my first little one gets here early this fall.

Thursday, February 14, 2008 at 1:29:00 PM EST  
Blogger Fairlightday said...

So beautiful and a lovely idea. My 2nd is already 2 mo. old but I think we will start doing this so we can document her and her big sister growing up this year. Thanks for the inspiration!

Thursday, February 14, 2008 at 2:30:00 PM EST  
Blogger esther said...

That is so cute and beautifully done! Definitely checking out the web site now, these types of books would make great gifts!

Thursday, February 14, 2008 at 4:08:00 PM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful day-by-day book. I love the teaching/goal comments from loving parents.

Thursday, February 14, 2008 at 5:00:00 PM EST  
Blogger Mamalang said...

OMG, that one of her holding the little one in her hands and the saying about just being herself and being loved....that brought tears to my eyes and goosebumps up. Awesome.

Thursday, February 14, 2008 at 9:01:00 PM EST  
Blogger two 'lil weeds mama said...

Exceptionally Beautiful- Thank you for sharing this idea.

When I first saw the post I thought it was about the book one can turn their blog posts into. I love the RED shoe book when one goes to her site. Simply Lovely.

I wish I could backtrack with our daughter's first year, maybe I'll do a toddler book.

Friday, February 15, 2008 at 12:02:00 AM EST  
Blogger two 'lil weeds mama said...

Oh... boo hoo... i just looked @ the prices of her books.

Ouch, can't swing that, but still very beautiful, definitely on a dream list.

Friday, February 15, 2008 at 12:17:00 AM EST  
Blogger Audra Bollard said...

Beautiful, creative and meaningful books! Love this.

Friday, February 15, 2008 at 12:35:00 AM EST  
Blogger annie said...

Incredily beautiful and meaningful. I love it!

Friday, February 15, 2008 at 12:58:00 AM EST  
Blogger CocoBlu Studio said...

Awesome! So incredibly beautiful. My husband will be heading to Iraq in a few months. I think I'll document each day of the year he'll be gone. THANK YOU for the inspiration!

Friday, February 15, 2008 at 11:46:00 AM EST  
Blogger Jessica said...

Wow - gorgeous. Just found you here, and, since I found approximately 12 things I love in the span of 3.5 seconds, I am immediately adding the site to Google Reader. Now, off to read all the archives....yay!

Friday, February 15, 2008 at 12:41:00 PM EST  
Blogger Jen of MadeByGirl said...

saw the site, what an awesome concept and so well done. However i wanted to know if you had to have some professional shots..? The pics in the samples look amazing ...just curious...

Jen Ramos
'100% Recycled DESIGNER Cards'
www.madebygirl.com

Saturday, February 16, 2008 at 2:25:00 AM EST  
Blogger Kristi said...

Oh my goodness. I absolutely love this! Wow.

Sunday, February 17, 2008 at 10:17:00 PM EST  
Blogger Kelly Kuntz said...

I must do this! I love it!

Monday, April 21, 2008 at 4:49:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home