Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Some Stuff About Some Websites with Stuff


Mighty Junior launches today. I was already a fan of Mighty Goods, so it was kind of no-brainer that I would like it's offspring. But when I had a sneak preview a few days ago I realized that the authors (
Maggie Mason of Mighty Girl and of Melissa Summers of Suburban Bliss) and I share more similar taste than I realized. And now I'm extra-excited to have a new source for good stuff. It's like getting two more sisters.



Speaking of Melissa Summers. I must tell any who are still in the dark, about the website Alpha Mom. Isabel Kallman has gathered the best of the best on her fantastic site. I go there for 3 reasons:

1) Some of the most amazing bloggers (including Ms. Summers, Amalah, Finslippy, and Dooce) write for Alpha Mom weekly.

2) Anyone can go learn from or add to the extensive product reviews. As entertaining as they are helpful.

3) There are also super useful videos on all sorts of topics. In fact, don't miss the lovely ladies from Cool Mom Picks — that's Liz of Mom 101 and of Kristen of Motherhood Uncensored — talking about some of their favorite finds.




Speaking of Cool Mom Picks. Have you seen their Safer Toy Guide? Very helpful. And if you've moved on, and you're in the stage of parenthood where the fear of toys has been replaced by the fear-your-daughter-will-break-her-neck-on-the-uneven-bars, or beyond that to the fear-your-son-will-get-his-heart-broken-by-that-girl, you'll still love to know what toys are kosher to give as gifts to your friends and family with wee ones.

Labels:

add to kirtsy

4 Comments:

Blogger Tania said...

I'm already loving Alpha Mom, since I see they have Eric Lyon's new book on their site. I haven't read it yet, but used to work with Erica at Elizabeth Seaton. It's bound to be great and full of all kinds of helpful info - so if you know someone who's expecting - check it out!

Tuesday, October 23, 2007 at 7:36:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks Gabrielle for your kind words and link love. As I have mentioned in the past, I love you and your fantastic eyes and words.

Tania, thank you. Yes, please see Erica's videos on our website. There are lots and lots with her.

Tuesday, October 23, 2007 at 9:20:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the links.

I have a question for you. I'm finding a lot of great sites on the Internet for moms of young children, do you have any recommendations for moms with older kids?

My kids ages range from 8 to 18, so I'm way past baby carriers, car seats and such, but I don't find a lot out there for moms like me. Any suggestions?

Wednesday, October 24, 2007 at 10:35:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Mom101 said...

Thanks Gabrielle! We love Alpha Mom too. And Mighty Goods. And, okay, Cool Mom Picks.

And of course, you.

Wednesday, October 24, 2007 at 1:07:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home