Thursday, March 22, 2007

Gourmet Easter Goodies — by Guest Mom Lindsey Johnson

I could bore you with my list of "approved" Easter candy, but then you'd probably think I was a little snobby and authoritative on the subject. And I am, but I just don't want you to think that I am. Plus, my list is longer than we have time for today.

But, I did do a little looking around for a few fun, new things I would like the Easter Bunny to bring me.

I'm pretty sure I'd dig something simple and straight forward like this from
Lindt.



Wait. . . is it? It can't be. . . a WHOLE box composed of only caramels? Then I wouldn't have to take a bite and put it back because it wasn't a caramel. They're all caramels! Definite potential here. . .



These Robin Blue Truffle Eggs from Williams-Sonoma are lovely. Encased in a hard candy shell, these truffles are made with layers of white chocolate surrounding a truffle center.



I love the pretty packaging on these Italian Caffarel Eggs, also from Williams-Sonoma. Each one has a filling of almond, nougat, or gianduia (hazelnut).

And moving right along to Harry & David. . .



Here you see Belgian Easter Truffles — Framboise Ganache, Tiramisu, Rum Marzipan, Coffee Praline, Chocolate Ganache Praline and more!



Pears and Truffles: Two food groups, one box.

Finally, we come to JellyBelly: Gourmet Jelly Bean HQ

What would Easter be without the ubiquitous jelly bean? There are no better beans than JellyBelly. (Am I right, Design Mom?)

These are new to me:



The Sour Petite Beans include a mix of apple, cherry, grape, lemonade, orange and raspberry. (Count me in.)

Any of these would suit me just fine. What about you? Pipe up and tell us what you want the Easter Bunny to leave in your basket this year. What I mean to say is: Anything new in the candy department I should be aware of?

Labels: ,

add to kirtsy

9 Comments:

Blogger dalene said...

Some of those are too pretty to eat. Wouldn't that be a great thing for my waistline--chocolate just to look at.


Not a chance.


(And isn't robin-egg blue the most delicious color ever?)

Thursday, March 22, 2007 at 9:08:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Lizzy said...

afton made me stop and stare at the jelly belly picture! i have a childhood aversion to them but the sour flavors are sounding really, really good.

i love mini eggs so much!

Thursday, March 22, 2007 at 9:27:00 AM EDT  
Blogger daisy said...

I love the idea of an all caramel box of chocolates. I used to (or still do) pick up a chocolate, turn it around, and poke the bottom in a little to see what was inside. If it wasn't to my liking I would put it back and no one would even know. Brilliant...I know. Anyway..about Easter candy, I would have to say I'm a sucker for plain-old-buy-from-the-grocery-store, cadbury eggs. Love them! Could eat 4 in one sitting. My husband even knows if he wants one he better eat it early...no saving or it will be gone. And none for the kids...these treats are all mine.

Thursday, March 22, 2007 at 9:34:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Mumsy said...

Yes! I love that shade of blue. I even painted my kitchen a similar color.

Lizzy--all jelly beans? Or specifically JellyBelly? Because JB are sure to help you get over your aversion in a hurry.

I heart mini-eggs, too!

Thursday, March 22, 2007 at 9:35:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Gabrielle of Design Mom said...

Oh Lindsey, we are so kindred spirits. I can't count the number of non-caramel chocolates that have been discarded by my hands.

And of course I'm in full agreement on the Jelly Bellys. Specifically pear Jelly Bellys.

Thursday, March 22, 2007 at 9:57:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Jenni said...

a box of all caramels?? now why didn't anyone think of that before?? everyone knows they are the best and the first to go, i think i'll have to look into those. i've had my eye on those eggs at W-S for quite some time now. mmm...easter candy is the best...

Thursday, March 22, 2007 at 10:16:00 AM EDT  
Blogger love.boxes said...

I am with you on the caramel thing, I have to put it back if it's like a cherry cordial or something. I love the box on those blue Lindt things. I had to buy those Carrafel things once because I cannot resist pretty packaging and I still say buy them for the packaging, but don't eat them because it's like getting your mouth washed out with floral soap. I adore all Jelly Bellys... wouldn't this stuff just make the best breakfast???

And... to Miss Compulsive writer up there. Robin-egg blue is the most delish color for sure!!!

Thursday, March 22, 2007 at 11:01:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Abby said...

The smoothie favors are actually waaaaay yummy even though they sound yucky. I do love Easter

Thursday, March 22, 2007 at 2:03:00 PM EDT  
Blogger laina kay said...

Ooh... all caramels! I'll take a box of those! And of course, some Jelly Bellys. I already polished off an entire bag of Cadbury mini eggs and (oops) a Cadbury bunny meant for one of the kid's baskets... do I deserve more Easter candy?

Thursday, March 22, 2007 at 11:04:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home