Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Fishs Eddy — by Guest Mom Adriana Velez

According to the shelves at Target I should be feeding my son with plastic: plastic plates, plastic bowls, plastic sippy cups, plastic cutlery. I can see why — the kid throws and drops things all the time. We don’t want him anywhere near china or crystal.

But plastic has all those toxins. You can’t microwave it. It always seems to come in garish colors. And I just don’t like the aesthetics of eating with plastic.

Psst, come over here with me to
Fishs Eddy.



Fishs Eddy saved us. They carry diner china in all shapes and sizes. We found these great little plates perfect for Jasper-sized meals as well as morning toast and fresh-baked cookies. They’re microwaveable and harder to break. Even if he does break one, who cares? They were cheap.

We also picked up these cocktail forks and demitasse spoons at Fishs Eddy. I don’t recommend them for babies and he’ll outgrow them in a year or two, but they’re perfect for toddlers and preschoolers.

If you don't live near a Fishs Eddy look for diner china at your local restaurant supply store or at tag sales. Now if only we could find an alternative for sippy cups. And if only Jasper would stop breaking my heart by saying “Mommy, I like eating with plastic!”


add to kirtsy

5 Comments:

Blogger Jenni said...

oh, but you can always go to fishseddy.com and have a heyday! love that place.

Tuesday, January 23, 2007 at 10:18:00 AM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I didn't know they had a website! I was going to say, then you could go across the street to ABC carpets afterwards.

I LOVE Fishs Eddy.

Tuesday, January 23, 2007 at 12:02:00 PM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

my 5, 8, and 11 year olds STILL love our little cocktail forks and demitasse spoons! i think it makes them feel fancy.

Tuesday, January 23, 2007 at 1:45:00 PM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Adriana, Love you ideas! thanks.

Tuesday, January 23, 2007 at 4:49:00 PM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

thanks for reminding me about fishs eddy

Wednesday, January 24, 2007 at 8:16:00 PM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home