Friday, December 08, 2006

Last But Not Least: Ben (Christmas Part III) — by Guest Mom Kacy Faulconer

My 3 year old, Ben, has made a very specific request for Christmas this year: poo. He has also asked for a stinky bum, a chocolate face, and an underwear head. It’s hard to know where to start.

But for Christmas I think he’ll be happy with the Lincoln Log sets I found for him. Lincoln logs are not cheap! I wish they were because they are quite fun. If you are looking for the Lincoln Log Great West Express, buy it at
Hutshop.com for $66.00 and free shipping. It’s $80.00 or $90.00 elsewhere.


I also got him these scales from Magic Cabin:


I don’t know why. He has never asked for scales nor has he expressed a desire to weigh anything. But doesn’t it seem like something an educated, well-rounded family would have on hand? The classic woodenness of it will balance the tacky plasticky-ness of the talking Diego Backpack which Ben doesn’t even know exists in real life. He’s going to go nuts over this.


I also found a great CD for Ben. He’s pretty into music. (Did you know you can change the words of Electric Blue to stinky poo? We are so proud of his creativity.) I am tempted to crack this CD open before Christmas and give it a listen myself.


The really hard part about shopping for Ben is that his 4th birthday falls on December 29th. Poor kid. It’s hard to get him birthday gifts 4 days after Christmas when the last thing I want him to have is more stuff. Any ideas?
add to kirtsy

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG...I totally understand that whole purchasing delimma...my son will be four on the 16th! I'm gald it's before though, it does make it easier. My husbands is the 27th and like you said, it's hard.

I love those gifts...My son is into anything transportation based and he, too, loves music. There are so many great children's CD's out there that I can enjoy too...isn't it great?

Friday, December 8, 2006 at 8:48:00 AM EST  
Blogger Gabrielle of Design Mom said...

I picked up a set of scales at Ikea a few years ago for the same reason.

These look like great gifts. Way better than an underwear head.

Friday, December 8, 2006 at 9:21:00 AM EST  
Blogger Lisa said...

My daughter's birthday is two days after Christmas so I know what you mean. This year I've made an executive decision: Since the kids have all outgrown/outlasted their bikes, on their birthdays there will be no friends party or a bunch of junk, just a trip to the store to pick out a bike. (Phoebe may opt for a trip to Build a Bear). But I'd never considered underwearhead, or poo. . . I might need to rethink this.

Friday, December 8, 2006 at 10:45:00 AM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Everything looks great! A note on the Diego backpack: my 3 year old received this on his 3rd birthday in October. My 5 year old INSISTED that his little brother needed it. Now I'm not sure who plays with it more but I can tell you that you will get the song into your head and it will not leave, but to see my son dance to it is priceless!

Friday, December 8, 2006 at 10:59:00 AM EST  
Blogger Jenni said...

i have a little one who will be turning 4 on the 20th of december, so we just get all the gifts and decide which ones are for christmas and which ones are for birthday, we usually like to do the big ta-dah on Christmas, in case he was disappointed on his birthday...but so far so good

Friday, December 8, 2006 at 11:29:00 AM EST  
Blogger Tania said...

I can top you all. My Emily will turn 6 on DECEMBER 25TH! We do what Jenni does. Get a whole lot of what she loves, make 2 piles then wrap 1/2 in birthday paper & 1/2 for Christmas. We do Christmas in the morning, and birthday in the afternoon. We have birthday cake for dessert after Christmas dinner. I really try to acknowledge her birthday - and so far she loves having her birthday then.

Friday, December 8, 2006 at 8:22:00 PM EST  
Blogger pillingfamily said...

What a coincidence, my three year old daughter also requested poo for Christmas, along with an eyeball on her head and boogers. And you thought it was a boy thing.

Saturday, December 9, 2006 at 12:14:00 AM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home