Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Ask Design Mom Week: Looking for an Antiqued Mirror



Question:

I have been searching high and low for an antiqued mirror (I don't care if it's framed or not) to hang above my mantel. I'm having a really hard time finding just the right one.
Do you have any suggestions? Thanks! — Debbie



Answer:
Ooooh. Sounds so pretty, Debbie! Whenever I'm looking for anything antique, I like to start with ebay. Sometimes I find the perfect thing. Sometimes I just get a sense for what's out there. I don't know what style you have in mind, but I did a quick ebay search and can see that there are a ton of different options available. Two picks: this round mirror looks like it has potential — and is a great deal. And this golden tulip mirror is amazing.


Kind Readers, have you spotted the perfect antique mirror lately?
add to kirtsy

7 Comments:

Anonymous Designer mirrors said...

hello mam...we have a huge collection of mirrors with great design and quality.We can create mirrors as suited to your individual need

Tuesday, March 31, 2009 at 3:28:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Paper + Ink Studio said...

I had the same problem; we have 3 fireplaces in our house and, for obvious reasons, we couldn't do the same thing over each mantle. However, in the dining room, I really wanted a large mirror because we have 12 foot ceilings. I found an old mirror at a garage sale and then found several small mirrors (on the cheapy-cheap) at Home Depot. I arranged the smaller ones around the large one and created a mural of mirrors. See pic at link below. Please note - one of the mirrors fell and broke, but has since been replaced. Ooops! Ensure you really anchor the mirror into the fireplace, especially if it is brick!!

http://tinyurl.com/fireplacemirrors

Tuesday, March 31, 2009 at 3:35:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous wide open spaces said...

Check out thi ssite - they may be able to get you just what you are looking for:

http://www.hinesstudios.net/rsquared/r2webimages/may08index.htm

Tuesday, March 31, 2009 at 3:39:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Leslie said...

Oly has some good ones, like this.

Tuesday, March 31, 2009 at 4:43:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Debbie said...

Thanks for posting my question! And thank you to everyone for your help!

Finding that perfect mirror with just the right amount of antique or patina has become quite the task!

thanks again

Tuesday, March 31, 2009 at 10:29:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous Bowling said...

well if ur talking about the mirror on the blog than its fantastic, have u purchased it if yes for what price and from where? i m too interested! thanks

Tuesday, September 15, 2009 at 9:31:00 AM EDT  
Anonymous Houston Criminal Lawyer said...

hmm the design of the mirror is fantastic i like the spokes, its making the mirror special and antique.

Wednesday, September 16, 2009 at 2:22:00 AM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home