Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Nature Contained



The other day I received a charming box in the mail from Nature Contained. And when I opened it I was both surprised and delighted to discover three pastel eggs resting on a bed of green grass. A delight for the eyes and to the sweet tooth, because the eggs are filled with El Rey Organic Venezuelan chocolate.

To be clear, these eggs are not plastic or foil or paper. These are actual hen and quail eggs, carefully emptied and cleaned, then filled with decadent truffle. What a sophisticated Easter treat. And what a brilliant idea.


Want some of your own? Well, if you live near Tiverton, RI you can stop by their charming shop and pick some up. Or, you can order the ship-able eggs over the phone at 401.624.4484.

Labels: ,

add to kirtsy

8 Comments:

Blogger Superdumb Supervillain said...

lovely. but how do they clean eggshells and keep them intact?!

Tuesday, March 18, 2008 at 12:17:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Gabrielle of Design Mom said...

Good question, Naomi. I guess that's their little secret.

Tuesday, March 18, 2008 at 12:22:00 PM EDT  
Blogger bedelia said...

That's crazy. And awesome.

Tuesday, March 18, 2008 at 1:02:00 PM EDT  
Blogger jen said...

Those are gorgeous!

Tuesday, March 18, 2008 at 1:49:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Amie Adams said...

Very cool

Tuesday, March 18, 2008 at 1:49:00 PM EDT  
Blogger SC said...

I posted about this on my blog. The directions are over on marthastewart.com They were in her magazine about three years ago. You punch a hole in each end of the egg and blow out the contents. Every year I am thankful that I don't smoke. Color the eggs, then pipe in the chocolate. It is a really easy project.

Tuesday, March 18, 2008 at 2:09:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Lindsey said...

El Rey chocolate is...eggcellent! Okay, cheesy I know. But it really is fantastic! I buy it from my grocery store whenever I need a really nice Mommy-treat.

Wednesday, March 19, 2008 at 1:24:00 AM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I tried doing it and i thought it was far from easy. Just try to drill a hole in an egg and it not crack. I would highly recommend buying these already made.. that way you can enjoy them without all work!

Friday, March 21, 2008 at 10:36:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home