Thursday, August 30, 2007

Design Mom was Hatched in the Hive



There are three places in the country that I feel completely at home. New York. California. And most of all, Utah. It's where I grew up. It's where I went to college. It's where I met my husband and married. It's where my first two babies were born. The beehive state is a beautiful place.

If you're a Utah fan as well. (Who isn't?) You'll love the daily blog Your Heart Out — dedicated to all things cool in Salt Lake City, the hippest town in the Mountain West. My sister Jordan turned me on to the site when it was just born and I was an instant fan. The writing is excellent and the site design is flawless. Bonus: it gives me a Utah fix when I'm feeling homesick.



And today I was blushing as I checked in at Your Heart Out. Because they wrote up the nicest little interview featuring yours truly. So here's a big thank you to the ladies responsible for the lovely site. I'm honored. Especially considering the talented women that have already been featured, like Abby of Kate Spade fame and Rachel from beloved Darlybird. (You can click the "hatched in the hive" category to see all the interviews.)

Your Heart Out, you totally made my day.

Labels:

add to kirtsy

11 Comments:

Blogger Jessica said...

O.k. That blog interview really makes me miss the BYU Creamery...how yummy! What a fun site to keep up on the happenings of SLC.

Thursday, August 30, 2007 at 11:56:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Courtney said...

How cool! Wish I'd had this blog site as a go-to when I lived in SLC.

Thursday, August 30, 2007 at 12:05:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Spencer Family said...

I HEART Utah too! I went to school there and miss it dearly--especially Cafe Rio. We are actually headed there in two weeks for a trip to Lake Powell--can't wait! Thanks for sharing that site. I am definitely going to add it to my favorites.

Thursday, August 30, 2007 at 12:26:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Cluff Family said...

Thanks for the Utah props! I moved from Utah for awhile, but we are back in Sunny St. George (although I am from up north) I love it when people appreciate Utah for the great place it is! Boy I hope someday I feel at home in NYC! Ive never even been but would love to go!

Thursday, August 30, 2007 at 12:41:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was our pleasure!

Thursday, August 30, 2007 at 1:18:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Erin said...

How fun. I'm a fan of Your Heart Out, too. Love the interview!

Thursday, August 30, 2007 at 1:25:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Crystal said...

I didn't know you were from St. George! I grew up there too. It's the most beautiful place on Earth, isn't it?

Thursday, August 30, 2007 at 2:39:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Unknown said...

Great interview!

Thursday, August 30, 2007 at 9:44:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I miss Cafe Rio so much! I get intense cravings for it. I wish they'd expand to the midwest. And the Utah air is so refreshing! I miss it.

Thursday, August 30, 2007 at 11:20:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

what a great interview! go you!

Saturday, September 1, 2007 at 2:59:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Marie {Make and Takes} said...

Design Mom and Your Heart Out: Great combo!

Saturday, September 1, 2007 at 5:13:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home