Thursday, March 29, 2007

My New Locket



I took my mom to the airport yesterday. It was wonderful to have her here. In addition to cooking, cleaning, babysitting, and providing good conversation and companionship, she also brought gifts. Mostly fun things for the kids, but she also brought me a treasure from my Grandmother.


This amazing locket had belonged to my Grandfather's brother. Since I'm now a Blair (my maiden name is Stanley) and I'm married to Ben and have a daughter named Betty, I am the grandchild with the most claim on B and my Grandma Lucille sent it to me care of my Mom.

It's a generous inch and a quarter across, and instead of flipping open, it slides. So cool. The picture above shows it open with a picture of my great-uncle inside. Isn't it great? I can't wait to find a chain for it.

Labels:

add to kirtsy

9 Comments:

Blogger Mumsy said...

It's lovely.

Thursday, March 29, 2007 at 8:10:00 AM EDT  
Blogger dalene said...

That's beautiful!

Thursday, March 29, 2007 at 8:19:00 AM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

so pretty, I really love initials

Thursday, March 29, 2007 at 9:52:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Denise said...

That's so cool. I love family heirlooms. And what a neat thing for you to one day pass on to Betty. Your mom is so great!

Thursday, March 29, 2007 at 10:06:00 AM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's REALLY a treasure when someone from a large family (i.e. lots of possible people to inherit the possessions of a few) gets something from a grandparent. You are lucky!

Thursday, March 29, 2007 at 10:16:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Bek said...

Wow..... that is wonderful. It is always a treasure (in our disposable era) to get something that was loved by someone we love

Thursday, March 29, 2007 at 10:37:00 AM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow -- you had so much news today! way to go design mom!!

that locket is wonderful -- and so treasurable since it was your great uncle's.

and congrats on all the interviews and the writing gig! world domination, here you come! and i can't imagine anyone i'd rather see dominating the world.

Thursday, March 29, 2007 at 11:37:00 AM EDT  
Blogger jordan said...

That is so beautiful. I'm jealous. Does Grandma have any with an 'F' or a "J'?

Thursday, March 29, 2007 at 1:54:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Absolutely gorgeous!
You've got a wonderful treasure there.
I saw a very similar locket on tv, it was a MIZPAH locket and belongs to the lady who took the lovely MIZPAH tradition into the 21st century - the program was very interesting.
Ms Helena Lind is now bringing that locket out
for everyone - check www.mizpah.tv/shop.

Thursday, August 7, 2008 at 5:20:00 AM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home